You might be leaving your car at home unattended while traveling for the holidays, or maybe you’re staying local but storing gifts in your vehicle after shopping trips. Either way you will want to protect your car from break-ins.
Here are tips you can follow to help protect your car from burglars this season:
- Lock all car doors, and make sure windows are shut after you park.
- Do not store gifts or other valuables on the seats where they may be visible.
- Never leave your wallet, purse or other identifying information in your glove-box.
- If you have a garage, park inside instead of on the street.
- Keep your car in a visible, well-lit area when shopping. If you can't park your car in a garage, park in a well-lit area that is surrounded by people.
- Make sure any installed car alarm or security systems work properly.
By taking precautions, hopefully your car will be unharmed this season. But if your vehicle is burglarized, your homeowners, condo or renters insurance may cover stolen items, after your deductible is met. Be sure to keep receipts if you have to report a claim, this will help with the claim process.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at email@example.com. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!