Information About the Do-Not-Call Registry
As you probably know, the Do-Not-Call Registry has been around for several years now. However, it hasn’t completely stopped spam calls. What gives? Has it even done anything?
It has been effective at reducing calls. The majority of Americans have reported getting far fewer calls from telemarketers. However, most people still get some—what can you do about it?
First, you actually have to put your number in it. It’s pretty easy to do—simply click here to go to the government’s page to register your number. Within 31 days, telemarketers cannot legally call you…in most cases. However, there are a few exceptions, namely:
· You’re using a business phone number, not a personal phone number
· Political organizations, surveyors and non-profit organizations may still legally call
· Companies with which you’ve done business in the past 18 months may still call unless you explicitly ask to be taken off the calling list
· These rules do not apply to creditors or credit-collection agencies
· You added your number to the list fewer than 31 days ago
If none of the above applies to you and you’re still getting calls, you can formally report the phone number calling you for breaking this law. This can be done by going here. It takes very little time; it’s a simple online form. Your information will then go to the proper law enforcement authority and hopefully stop the calls.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at email@example.com. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Article Source: Kemper