Five Easy Steps to Clean Gutters
As the leaves fall off the trees in your yard in Deerfield, Lincolnshire, or any northern Chicago suburb, you may want to schedule a time to clean your rain gutters. Home owners typically tidy up gutters once or twice in the fall and again in the spring in order to help prevent flooding and roof damage.
Here are five tips to help you keep rain gutters clean:
1. Wear work gloves and perhaps goggles to protect against dirty water and debris. Make sure pants are fitted so that you don't trip on the hems as you climb the ladder.
2. Ask a family member or a friend to hold the ladder and serve as your spotter while you clean.
3. If there are too many leaves, twigs, etc. in the gutter to easily grab using your gloves, consider purchasing a gutter scoop, typically available at hardware stores, to help you reach the debris.
4. After you remove the debris, rinse your gutter with water from a garden hose for a final cleaning.
5. Consider installing a gutter guard or cover to help reduce how many leaves, twigs, and other items get trapped.
Maintain your rain gutters to help protect your roof from damage and you could reduce your risk this fall of needing to file a homeowners insurance claim.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at email@example.com. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content Source: Kemper