Preparation is the key to avoid driving drunk.
The good news is that studies have shown that people have been gradually less likely to drive drunk for quite some time. However, that doesn’t mean people don’t drive drunk. Most people realize how stupid and dangerous it is, but it still happens much more regularly than it should.
Why? Lack of preparation!
Too often, people drive drunk simply because they have no other options. Avoid this happening to you by accepting this fact beforehand. If you’re going somewhere you think you’ll have more than just a beer or two at dinner, make sure you don’t drive away.
You essentially have four options:
- Bring a designated driver you can trust
- Make arrangements to sleep somewhere within walking distance
- Have several taxi companies programmed into your cell phone that you can call
- Don’t drive yourself there so regardless of what happens afterwards, there’s no chance of your driving yourself back
Drunk driving is generally done out of desperation, not malice. Nobody is sitting around, completely sober, and proclaims, “You know what? I’m going to drive drunk tonight!” Still, people do it anyway. Don’t let it happen to you—prepare against it prior to drinking.
Holiday Party Host Liability
Take simple precautions to help everyone enjoy themselves safely at your holiday parties:
- If someone appears intoxicated, do not serve him or her additional alcohol
- Provide transportation or overnight accommodations for those who should not drive home
- Provide nonalcoholic beverage options
- Provide filling food for guests
R Hobbs Insurance Agency wishes you and your family a safe and Happy New Year!! Contact us at (847) 680-0888 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!