Call Us Contact Us For A Quote | 847.680.0888
Homeowners Insurance HOME

A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.

Read More
Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Business Insurance BUSINESS

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Life Insurance LIFE

Browse a variety of insurance options in order to find the right one for you.

Read More
Flood Insurance FLOOD

Learn about different flood coverage options that fit your specific needs.

Read More
Boat Insurance BOAT

Finding insurance doesn't have to be difficult. We do the work for you.

Read More

Lincolnshire, Deerfield, Highland Park, and all Chicago suburbs, talk to us about water damage. Make sure you have the right amount of coverage!

While there are many ways to try to prevent water damage from happening in your home, occasionally some water damage may still occur. A sump pump can fail, a pipe can burst or water can seep or leek into your home due to a bad storm.

Are You Covered?

It's best to know what your insurance policy covers before you need it. We at R Hobbs Insurance Agency can help you understand what type of water damage is covered by your homeowners or condo insurance policy and when you’re on your own to pay for repairs. We will be happy to explain your coverage and can also help you decide if you need additional flood insurance. Contact us at (847) 680-0888 or email us at

Homeowners Insurance vs. Flood Insurance

There are two types of policies that cover losses due to water damage—homeowners or condo insurance and flood insurance. These provide two separate and distinct types of coverage. They do not duplicate coverage, but complement it.

Most homeowner policies cover damage to your home caused by a sudden and accidental water event, like a burst pipe, wind-driven rain or melting snow that seeps into your home after a winter storm. Water damage from water backing up through sewers or drains or a sump pump failing is NOT automatically covered on your policy, most companies offer this coverage as an endorsement on your policy. If you have a basement, you should have this additional coverage.Some companies cap this coverage at $10,000 but we have several companies that offer much more coverage.

Water damage caused by poor home maintenance such as overfilled gutters, lack of roof upkeep, condensation buildup due to inadequate ventilation or ignored leaks is generally not covered.

Flood damage to your home and belongings is also not covered under your homeowner policy, but it could be with a separate flood insurance policy. Information about flood insurance is available from your us or your local office of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Contact Us!

Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!

Content Source: Safeco

Posted 11:00 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013

View Mobile Version
© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder