Tornadoes are most likely to occur in the United States between March and June, and approximately 1,000 are reported every year. They can strike almost anywhere in North America, so preparing for tornado watches and warnings now can help you stay safe should one strike your area.
If you’re at home during a tornado watch, The Insurance Information Institute offers these safety tips:
- Make sure you know where all members of your household are
- Move cars that are parked outside into your garage
- Keep your house and car keys handy
- Watch the TV or listen to the radio for weather advisories and updates
- Move outdoor furniture and equipment indoors if time permits
- Remain indoors if you hear tornado sirens
If the tornado watch escalates to a warning, head to your basement if you have one, or go to an interior part of your home with no windows, such as a closet or bathroom.
Contact us for all of your insurance needs!
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at email@example.com. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!