When the late-day sun surges through the windshield or high beams pierce the night, your vision behind the wheel can be compromised. And how your eyes cope can make the difference between a safe journey or accident.
You can, though, take some steps to minimize risks and maximize your vision when you drive.
• Wear sunglasses; the best block 99 to 100 percent of UVA and UVB rays
• Keep your windshield clean to reduce reflection
• Use your headlights day and night so other cars can see you better
• When driving long distances, take breaks to reduce eyestrain
• If you wear glasses, ask your eye doctor about anti-reflective coatings to reduce glare
• Don’t use tinted glasses at night, dusk or dawn, unless prescribed by your doctor
• Only drive on well-lit roads
• Match your speed to the reach of your headlights
• In dim light, focus on the edges or outlines of objects; your eyes can pick up images more easily than when you look directly at them
• Watch the center of the road and use the painted edge lines as a guide
Contact us for all of your insurance needs!
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content source: Kemper