Streamline your auto policy shopping by knowing the answers to these questions
In order to obtain a price for an auto policy you'll need to provide your insurance professional with the following information.
About the car
For each car you want to insure, know:
- Make, model and year
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Safety features, such as passive restraint systems or anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft devices, such as GPS trackers
- Roughly how many miles it will be driven annually
About your household
Let your insurance professional know if you already have a homeowners or other policy with the company. He or she will also want to know:
- Where you live
- Your car parking accommodations
- How much liability coverage you want. Consider the total value of your assets — the liability coverage will protect them, so choose accordingly.
- How much of a deductible you want on your policy. To help determine this number, think about what you can comfortably afford to pay out of pocket in the event of a loss.
- How many drivers are in your household
About the drivers
The people behind the wheels you're insuring impact the auto premium price. For each driver, know:
- Driving record
- Safe driving courses completed
If student driver, grades (good grades might qualify for a discount).
Contact us for all of your insurance needs!
Illinois and Wisconsin residents, at R Hobbs Insurance Agency, we can work with you to make sure you've got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable. Just give us a call at (847) 680-0888 or send us a note at email@example.com. We want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what's important to you is protected!
Content source: iii.org